14:00:35 <mburns> #startmeeting oVirt Weekly Meeting
14:00:35 <ovirtbot> Meeting started Wed Apr  3 14:00:35 2013 UTC.  The chair is mburns. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:35 <ovirtbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:40 <mburns> #topic agenda and roll call
14:00:52 <mburns> #chair theron dneary oschreib ewoud quaid
14:00:52 <ovirtbot> Current chairs: dneary ewoud mburns oschreib quaid theron
14:00:59 <dneary> Hi all
14:01:03 <mburns> #info Agenda
14:01:08 <mburns> #info Release Updates
14:01:16 <mburns> #info Conferences and Workshops
14:01:23 <mburns> #info Sub-Project Status
14:01:23 <dneary> I will not be at the meeting today, but if my input is needed for something, please do ping me (use my nick, it'll let me know)
14:01:56 <dneary> Otherwise, I think theron has what you need
14:02:16 * oschreib_ here
14:02:18 <theron> thanks dneary
14:02:21 * ofri here
14:02:53 <mburns> #chair oschreib_
14:02:53 <ovirtbot> Current chairs: dneary ewoud mburns oschreib oschreib_ quaid theron
14:04:37 <mburns> #topic oVirt 3.2 updates
14:04:59 <apuimedo> mburns: Muli Salem left the project, I will be representing the network team from now on
14:05:09 <mburns> oschreib_: anything to report here on either EL6 or F18?
14:05:13 <mburns> apuimedo: ok, thanks
14:05:23 <apuimedo> ;-)
14:05:40 <oschreib_> mburns: nothing new from last meeting
14:05:48 <mburns> oschreib_: ok
14:05:56 <mburns> any plans for making the EL6 packages GA?
14:07:04 <oschreib_> we can do that
14:07:09 <oschreib_> I didn't see any big issues
14:07:22 <oschreib_> apart of the f18 vs el6 emulated machine thingy
14:07:31 <oschreib_> which can't be fixed in a right way.
14:07:34 <mburns> oschreib_: did that get documented somewhere?
14:07:52 <mburns> oschreib_: there is a plan to fix it for 3.3, right?
14:08:05 <oschreib_> mburns: I hope so
14:08:13 <oschreib_> action me on both
14:08:20 <oschreib_> I know there's a bug
14:08:28 <oschreib_> I don't know the time frame
14:08:31 * lvernia here
14:08:44 <mburns> #action oschreib_ check on plan to fix emulated machine issue in 3.3
14:08:47 <oschreib_> mburns: documantation - apart of the bug, no
14:09:04 <mburns> #action oschreib_ to follow up on documented how to handle the emulated machine issue in 3.2
14:09:08 <oschreib_> maybe we should add the bug to RN somehow
14:09:10 <mburns> #undo
14:09:10 <ovirtbot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0xa48290c>
14:09:16 <mburns> #action oschreib_ to follow up on documenting how to handle the emulated machine issue in 3.2
14:09:18 <ewoud> oschreib_: I think there was also the request to add the srpms on resources.ovirt.org, in particular the jboss I think
14:10:27 * mburns not really sure if we should be providing that...
14:10:49 <oschreib_> there's a real issue providing that.
14:10:55 <mburns> we only provide the jbossas rpm as a convenience
14:11:05 <oschreib_> mainly since the makefile was created in a really hacky way
14:12:12 <oschreib_> ewoud: I think other srpms were already uploaded
14:13:07 <mburns> oschreib_: even if it's hacky, is it available?
14:13:12 <mburns> can we post it?
14:13:19 <ewoud> oschreib_: http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/beta/rpm/EL/6/SRPMS/ has no jboss, or is it generated from ovirt-engine?
14:13:34 <oschreib_> no, as I said, we don;t have the jboss srpm
14:13:46 <oschreib_> mburns: no
14:14:02 <oschreib_> mburns: we're creating only the binary rpms atm
14:14:12 <mburns> maybe we can just say it won't be available for 3.2
14:14:16 <ewoud> oschreib_: ok
14:14:22 <mburns> but we'll make an effort to make it available for 3.3?
14:14:25 <mburns> oschreib_: does that work?
14:14:26 <oschreib_> mburns: since it's a really old, ugly and un-maintained rpm we created ages ago
14:14:44 <oschreib_> mburns: works for me/
14:15:00 <mburns> #info ok to move 3.2 EL6 rpms to GA
14:15:10 <mburns> #action mburns to move EL6 rpms to GA
14:15:20 <mburns> #info no srpm available for jboss
14:15:27 <mburns> #undo
14:15:27 <ovirtbot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0xa48eaac>
14:15:33 <mburns> #info no srpm available for jboss for EL6 in 3.2
14:15:45 <mburns> #info will work on getting one available for 3.3
14:15:59 <mburns> ok, anything else for 3.2?
14:16:06 <oschreib_> not from my side
14:16:35 <mburns> #topic 3.3 Release update
14:16:40 <mburns> #link http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3_release-management
14:17:11 <mburns> #info we have 2 months until the development freeze
14:17:34 <mburns> #action mburns to add node related feature(s) to the release page
14:18:31 <mburns> any other features for 3.3 should be added to that page if not already captured there
14:18:44 * mburns sees no storage related features
14:19:05 <mburns> no api/cli/sdk or tools features
14:19:47 <mburns> apuimedo: how are things going with the networking features?
14:19:53 <apuimedo> ah good
14:20:22 <apuimedo> so, http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Device_Custom_Properties has the necessary patches upstream and they are undergoing review
14:20:42 <mburns> #info device custom properties patches posted and under review
14:20:49 <apuimedo> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Migration_Network was verified to work last Friday
14:21:03 <mburns> #info migration network is verified
14:21:57 <apuimedo> the other features continue progress (they are under review partly and some with dev ongoing)
14:22:14 <apuimedo> such as Quantum integration and Network Reloaded
14:22:19 <mburns> #info other features are partly under review, partly still in development
14:22:22 <mburns> #undo
14:22:22 <ovirtbot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0xa352fac>
14:22:27 <mburns> #info other networking features are partly under review, partly still in development
14:22:35 <mburns> apuimedo: excellent, thanks for the update
14:22:42 <apuimedo> mburns: you're welcome
14:22:49 <mburns> anyone else have updates for 3.3?
14:23:24 <mburns> ok, moving on
14:23:32 <ofri> doron will add some SLA features today or tomorrow
14:23:50 <mburns> #action doron to add SLA features this week
14:23:55 <mburns> #topic Conferences and Workshops
14:24:02 <mburns> theron: updates?
14:24:54 <theron> mburns, yes
14:25:09 <theron> mburns, planning is pretty well wrapped up for Shanghai.
14:25:28 <mburns> #info planning for Shanghai is pretty much complete
14:25:37 <theron> mburns, scheduling is being worked.  we've received a few additional submissions.
14:25:58 <theron> mburns, will be contacting folks that submitted presentations shortly.
14:26:03 <mburns> #info schedule is being worked, new submissions in the last couple days
14:26:18 <mburns> #info submitters should be contacted shortly
14:26:26 <theron> mburns, we've started planning for the open virt open cloud conf in San Fran that was discussed at the last board meeting.
14:26:52 <mburns> #info planning under way for open virt/open cloud conf in San Francisco
14:27:16 <theron> mburns, we want to make sure oVirt is represented, so I'll make sure to update when the CFP goes public for it.
14:27:31 <mburns> theron: excellent
14:27:37 <theron> planning is JUST started in full for this event.
14:28:11 <theron> oVirt marketing working group meeting this week to get additional push behind it.
14:28:20 <theron> stay tuned to the oVirt website for update.
14:28:49 <mburns> #info oVirt Marketing working group meeting this week to get additional push behind it
14:28:53 <mburns> #info updates to appear on ovirt.rog
14:28:56 <mburns> #undo
14:28:56 <ovirtbot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0xa47f58c>
14:28:59 <mburns> #info updates to appear on ovirt.org
14:30:21 <mburns> theron: any other updates?
14:31:39 <mburns> #topic sub-project updates -- infra
14:31:48 <theron> mburns, nope. :) thanks
14:31:57 <mburns> ewoud: any updates? or nothing since you canceled this week?
14:32:46 <ewoud> mburns: yes, we didn't meet this week
14:33:02 <mburns> #info no infra meeting this week due to holidays
14:33:08 <ewoud> we're working on installing VMs on alterway
14:33:22 <mburns> #info vm installation underway on the alterway servers
14:33:35 <ewoud> started a thread on the IP space which we didn't clearly discuss with them at the start, but it's progressing
14:34:52 <ewoud> hopefully more news next week
14:35:02 <mburns> ewoud: ok, thanks
14:35:12 <mburns> 3topic Other Topics
14:35:15 <mburns> #topic Other Topics
14:35:19 <mburns> anyone have anything else?
14:35:39 <apuimedo> no, the network updates were just the features for 3.3
14:35:47 <apuimedo> otherwise just bugfixes
14:36:41 <mburns> going once...
14:37:59 <mburns> twice..
14:39:20 <mburns> gone.
14:39:23 <mburns> thanks all!
14:39:25 <mburns> #endmeeting