14:02:45 <mburns> #startmeeting oVirt weekly meeting
14:02:45 <ovirtbot> Meeting started Wed Oct  2 14:02:45 2013 UTC.  The chair is mburns. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:45 <ovirtbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:02:52 <mburns> #topic Agenda and roll call
14:03:06 <mburns> #info 3.3 update releases
14:03:13 <mburns> #info 3.4 planning (on hold)
14:03:22 <mburns> #info Conferences and workshops
14:03:29 <mburns> #info infra update
14:03:31 <rgolan> lbianc: vitorlima ofrenkel gtemple there's ovirt meeting here. please switch to #ppc room
14:03:35 <vitorlima> rgolan, exactly, the problem is that you won't be able to add Intel hosts without changing the CPU name first
14:03:42 <vitorlima> ok, we will do that
14:03:44 * sbonazzo here
14:03:44 <lbianc> ok
14:03:48 <rgolan> /join #ppc
14:04:11 <mburns> rgolan: sorry...
14:04:31 <mburns> meeting will probably be pretty short
14:04:50 <rgolan> mburns: no probs :P
14:05:59 <mburns> anyone here for the weekly meeting other than sbonazzo ?
14:06:12 <mburns> #topic 3.3 updates
14:06:28 <mburns> #info plan is to have updates ready for posting next week
14:06:40 <mburns> #info they were delayed by some patches that weren't quite ready
14:06:45 <YamakasY_> mburns: wowie... sip server migrated while calling... nice!
14:07:11 <mburns> #info 3.3.1 will be available in beta on ~8 Oct
14:07:16 <mburns> YamakasY_: cool
14:07:39 <orc_orc> mburns: I am here -- Russ Herrold
14:07:48 <mburns> hi orc_orc
14:07:51 <orc_orc> ;)
14:08:12 <mburns> #info no other updates since oschreib is not available today
14:08:16 <sbonazzo> mburns: tracker shows 1 bug on qa, 1 on post, 1 on assigned and 1 on new
14:08:20 <apuimedo> mburns: with a bit of delay, I'm here
14:08:27 <mburns> apuimedo: hi
14:08:36 <mburns> sbonazzo: ok, thanks
14:08:51 * danken is late.
14:08:52 <YamakasY_> mburns: reallY!
14:08:54 * mskrivanek here for weekly
14:08:57 <mburns> #info 4 bugs targeted for -- 1 on_qa, 1 post, 1 assigned, 1 new
14:09:27 <orc_orc> mburns: is a tracking bug used?
14:09:38 <mskrivanek> mburns: i've removed the virt bug I've added to the tracker before as we found out it's not relevant after all
14:09:51 <sbonazzo> orc_orc: BugĀ 1011800 -        Tracker: oVirt release
14:09:57 <orc_orc> sbonazzo: ty
14:10:55 <danken> mburns: I'm a bit worried about the 3.3.1 schedule mentioned about (oct 8). Vdsm is still broken for cross-version migration.
14:11:49 <mburns> danken: given slipped a week, i think a 3.3.1 slip of a week is acceptable
14:11:53 <mburns> would that help?
14:11:58 <apuimedo> danken: any news on the fix?
14:12:56 <danken> mburns: I hope that it would, but I am still waiting for a fix by edu
14:13:06 <danken> maybe abaron has news about this.
14:15:34 <mburns> #info vdsm likely not ready for 3.3.1 beta next week
14:15:41 <YamakasY_> wow I'm so happy with ovirt
14:15:45 <mburns> #info 1 week delay proposed, but unclear if it's sufficient
14:16:09 <mburns> #info will delay 3.3.1 until 16-Oct
14:16:14 <danken> YamakasY_: (I do not share your mood, with current vdsm instability)
14:16:15 <mburns> and re-evaluate next week
14:16:26 <mskrivanek> did we get anything from any gluster guy regarding the bug 1007980?
14:17:03 <mskrivanek> anyone familiar with gluster here?
14:17:19 <mburns> i don't see the usual gluster people online today
14:17:47 <mskrivanek> mburns: please mention that specifically. we run out of ideas and the only thing left to look at seems to be gluster
14:18:12 <mburns> #info bug 1007980 (blocker for needs input from gluster team
14:18:25 <mskrivanek> sorry i didn't notice, it is indeed on the tracker already
14:19:24 <danken> mskrivanek: do you have src+dst vdsm.log on that issue?
14:20:32 <mskrivanek> danken: in the bug there are engine and vdsm logs. it seems to be the PCI address is coming from libvirt (or vdsm but some other area than usual virt flows). We think we ruled out engine's involvement
14:20:34 <mburns> mskrivanek: seems like we should ask for additional help on the bz from the appropriate gluster people
14:21:00 <mskrivanek> mburns: yes. there was an email couple days back, i just added explicit needinfo in the bug as well
14:21:13 <mburns> ok, sounds like it's well handled then
14:21:40 <mburns> any other thoughts/issues with schedule for and 3.3.1?
14:21:53 <mskrivanek> danken: see specifically https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1007980#c13 and https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1007980#c15
14:23:50 <mburns> ok, moving on -- this issue can be handled outside the meeting i think
14:23:55 <mburns> #topic 3.4 planning
14:24:23 <mburns> #info this is on hold a bit until itamar proposes new general process
14:24:45 <mburns> #info probably a topic we will discuss at the Developers meeting in Edinburgh
14:25:13 <mburns> #info tabling discussion on this for now
14:25:20 <mburns> #topic Workshops and Conferences
14:25:47 <mburns> #link http://www.ovirt.org/Upcoming_events
14:26:17 <mburns> #info big events
14:26:30 <mburns> #info Dave Neary speaking at Open World Forum starting tomorrow
14:26:51 <mburns> #info KVM Forum/oVirt Developers Summit starts 21-October in Edinburgh
14:27:15 <mburns> #info other info on the page linked above
14:27:25 <mburns> #topic Infra updates
14:27:33 <mburns> ewoud: any updates this week?
14:28:57 <itamar> mburns - i think i missed the first few minutes - what's the current schedule for
14:29:23 <mburns> itamar: to be posted next week (delayed by blocker bugs waiting on fixes)
14:29:48 <mburns> itamar: 3.3.1 beta delayed until 16-Oct due to vdsm issues
14:30:05 <mburns> 3.3.1 date is at risk until there is a fix for the current issue
14:30:18 <itamar> danken - you don't expect vdsm for 3.3.1 beta by october 16th?
14:32:53 <danken> itamar: I did not expect it to be ready by oct 8
14:32:59 <danken> I still did not see a fix
14:33:24 <danken> and did not get a shred of evidence that the major storage changes are actually working.
14:33:58 <abaron> danken: which changes are you referring to?
14:34:17 <danken> those mentioned last week:
14:34:26 <danken> one shot prepare/teardown
14:34:33 <danken> sanlock everywhere
14:34:41 <danken> short filters
14:34:57 <danken> I am still waiting for communication from acanan about them
14:35:39 <danken> We cannot release 3.3.1 if we cannot guarantee seamless migration of VMs from 3.3.0.
14:36:36 <mburns> #info no infra updates
14:36:44 <mburns> #topic 3.3 schedule (revisited)
14:40:52 <mburns> #info vdsm awaiting feedback on new features working
14:41:08 <danken> an infra update: apuimedo started a net functional test
14:41:10 <mburns> #info vdsm team trying to ensure seemless migration from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1
14:41:17 <danken> per commit
14:41:18 <apuimedo> mburns: indeed
14:41:35 <danken> it would be great if others follow suit.
14:41:56 <apuimedo> each patch set creation touching networking code triggers functional tests checking in jenkins
14:42:00 <danken> particularly - a virt test that starts an empty vm.
14:42:10 <apuimedo> mskrivanek and I have agreed to clone it for virt tomorrow
14:42:21 <apuimedo> danken: ^^
14:42:52 <mburns> #info additional jenkins jobs created for functional testing
14:42:59 <apuimedo> still looking for a solution via containers for having migration and such functional tests
14:43:37 <apuimedo> yesterday I talked to libvirt guys and they gave me some solutions for the current roadblock
14:46:07 <mburns> anyone have other topics?
14:46:32 <apuimedo> mburns: not on networking, right danken?
14:47:03 <abaron> danken: so what fix have you not seen yet? for the migration issue? (that should be coming very soon)
14:48:14 <danken> abaron: yeah, I trust edu to send a fix for review.
14:48:32 <danken> but I need some testing done to know that that's all.
14:50:17 <mburns> ok, /me going to close the meeting
14:50:32 <mburns> this conversation can happen outside the meeting
14:50:36 <mburns> #endmeeting